Transdermal technology is transforming skincare by enhancing the absorption of products. Typically, about 90% of skincare ingredients don't penetrate the outermost skin layer, the stratum corneum, limiting their effectiveness.
Products like the Deliver + Renew Masks from Maskād use this technology to ensure ingredients reach deeper skin layers. This means more effective treatment from within, not just surface-level care.
Molecular weight is key in skincare absorption. Transdermal technology either uses smaller molecules or special methods to help larger molecules penetrate the skin. In essence, transdermal technology supercharges your skincare routine, ensuring deeper penetration and more effective results. It's not just about what you apply, but how it's absorbed, making a significant difference in your skincare effectiveness.
Peptides are small chains of amino acids that play a crucial role in skincare. They act as building blocks for proteins like collagen and elastin, which are essential for maintaining the skin's firmness and elasticity.
In skincare, peptides are celebrated for their anti-aging properties. They signal the skin to produce more collagen, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, some peptides have anti-inflammatory properties, aiding in skin healing and rejuvenation.
Regular use of peptide-infused skincare products can lead to smoother, firmer, and more youthful-looking skin. They are a key ingredient for anyone looking to enhance their skin's natural resilience and reduce signs of aging.
- Copper Peptide-1: Contains copper ions and helps to stimulate collagen production, enhance wound healing, and improve skin elasticity. It's antioxidant properties can help protect skin from free radicals and reduce signs of aging.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8: lso known as Argireline, is a peptide that targets expression lines and wrinkles. It works by relaxing facial muscles, thereby reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is often used as a safer alternative to Botox injections for smoothing out wrinkles.
- Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4: Also known as Matrixyl, helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the skin. This can lead to improved skin firmness, smoothness, and reduced appearance of wrinkles.
- Nonapeptide-1: Helps to brighten the skin and even out skin tone. It inhibits production of melanin, the pigment responsible for dark spots and uneven skin tone, resulting in a more radiant and even complexion.
- Acetyl Octapeptide-3: Also known as SNAP-8, targets expression lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive facial movements. It works by inhibiting release of neurotransmitters involved in muscle contractions, leading to a reduction in depth and appearance of wrinkles.
- Acetyl Tetrapeptide-11: Helps improve skin elasticity and firmness. It stimulates production of collagen and elastin, which are crucial for maintaining a youthful and resilient skin structure.
- Acetyl Tetrapeptide-2: Supports skin rejuvenation and helps restore more youthful appearance. It can enhance cellular energy metabolism and promote production of essential proteins for skin health.
- Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9: Helps to improve skin hydration and moisture retention. It supports skin's natural moisturizing factors and helps to maintain healthy skin barrier, resulting in smoother and more supple skin.
- Decapeptide-12: Targets skin pigmentation concerns such as age spots and hyperpigmentation. It helps to regulate melanin production, resulting in more even skin tone and reduced appearance of dark spots.
- Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate: Commonly referred to as Syn-Ake, mimics the activity of snake venom, acting as a muscle relaxant. It helps to reduce appearance of wrinkles and fine lines caused by muscle contractions, providing a smoother and more youthful complexion.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-10: Supports skin regeneration and repair. It can help improve skin's resilience and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, promoting more youthful complexion.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38: Also known as Matrixyl Synthe'6, stimulates production of collagen, hyaluronic acid, and other components of extracellular matrix. This peptide helps to improve skin firmness, smoothness, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Trifluoroacetyl Tripeptide-2: Supports the production of structural proteins in the skin, such as collagen and elastin. It can help improve skin elasticity and firmness, resulting in more youthful and toned appearance.
- Tripeptide-10 Citrulline: Helps to regulate skin cell turnover and promote a healthy skin barrier function. It can enhance skin's natural exfoliation process, leading to a smoother and brighter complexion.
The peptides in the Maskād® Anti-Aging Serum work together to provide various skincare benefits such as reducing the appearance of wrinkles, improving skin elasticity, promoting collagen production, brightening skin, and supporting overall skin health and rejuvenation.
The growth factors in the Maskād Anti-Aging Serum work by mimicking the actions of natural growth factors in the skin, supporting skin regeneration, repair, and overall rejuvenation. They can help improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars, enhance skin firmness and elasticity, and promote a healthier and more youthful complexion.
- sh-Oligopeptide-1 (Epidermal Growth Factor): Mimics the action of epidermal growth factor, a naturally occurring protein in the skin. It stimulates cell growth, proliferation, and differentiation, promoting the regeneration of healthy skin cells. This peptide can help improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of scars and fine lines, and enhance overall skin rejuvenation.
- sh-Polypeptide-1 (Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor): Mimics basic fibroblast growth factor, a key protein involved in wound healing and tissue regeneration. It stimulates production of collagen, elastin, and other extracellular matrix components, promoting skin repair, firmness, and elasticity. This peptide can help improve appearance of aging skin, reduce wrinkles, and enhance overall skin health.
- sh-Polypeptide-10 (Keratinocyte Growth Factor 2): Mimics keratinocyte growth factor 2, a protein that supports growth and maintenance of skin's outermost layer, the epidermis. It promotes proliferation and differentiation of keratinocytes, leading to improved skin barrier function and enhanced moisture retention. This peptide can help strengthen the skin's protective barrier, improve hydration, and maintain a healthy complexion.
Growth factors are:
- Naturally occurring proteins that play a vital role in maintaining healthy skin
- Key to cell growth, division, and repair
- Essential in skin's healing and rejuvenation processes.
In skincare, growth factors are prized for their anti-aging benefits as they:
- Stimulate skin's natural production of collagen and elastin, which diminishes as we age.
- Aid in reducing appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve skin texture and firmness.
Using skincare products infused with growth factors can lead to a more youthful and radiant complexion. They are particularly beneficial to enhance skin regeneration and combat visible signs of aging.
- Arginine: Arginine is an amino acid known for its ability to support healthy skin by promoting collagen production. It aids in wound healing and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, arginine's moisturizing properties help maintain skin hydration, leaving your complexion soft and supple.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a powerhouse hydrator, capable of holding up to 1,000 times its weight in water. It helps to plump and hydrate the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and providing a dewy, youthful complexion. Its moisture-retaining abilities also make it an excellent choice for all skin types, including those with dry or sensitive skin.
- Betaine: Betaine, derived from sugar beets, is a versatile ingredient that offers skin-soothing benefits. It helps balance skin's moisture levels, reducing both dryness and excess oil production. Betaine's anti-inflammatory properties can also calm irritated skin, making it a valuable addition to skincare routines for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Allantoin: Allantoin is renowned for its skin-soothing and healing properties. It promotes cell regeneration, aiding in the repair of damaged or irritated skin. This ingredient is especially beneficial for individuals with sensitive skin or conditions like eczema, as it helps to reduce redness and promote a smoother, healthier complexion.
- Carnosine: Carnosine is an antioxidant-rich ingredient that helps defend the skin against the damaging effects of free radicals and UV radiation. By protecting collagen and elastin fibers, it can help maintain skin's elasticity and firmness, contributing to a more youthful appearance over time.
- Glycogen: Glycogen is a natural polysaccharide that provides a quick energy source for skin cells. When applied topically, it can revitalize tired-looking skin and improve its overall radiance. This ingredient is particularly useful for combating signs of fatigue and dullness, giving the complexion a refreshed and energized appearance.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals, preventing oxidative stress and skin damage. It can brighten the complexion by reducing the appearance of dark spots and pigmentation issues. Glutathione is also known for its skin-lightening properties, making it a soughtafter ingredient for achieving a more even skin tone.
The above skincare ingredients offer a diverse range of benefits for your skin. Incorporating these ingredients into your skincare routine can help you achieve healthy, radiant skin.
Growth Factor Sources
These ingredients are lab-created to mimic natural compounds, offering high purity and consistent quality. They are uniquely beneficial for human skin as they are designed to closely resemble human skin components, ensuring better compatibility and effectiveness compared to non-human sources.
- Consistent quality in a controlled environment.
- Free from impurities and contaminants.
- Sustainable and ethical.
- May lack some complex components of natural extracts.
- Potentially more expensive due to advanced technology.
Derived from human cells, these ingredients, like growth factors, are biologically similar to our skin, ensuring natural and effective integration. This direct match to our skin's needs is not achievable with non-human sources, making them highly effective for skin repair and rejuvenation.
- High compatibility with human skin.
- Effective in skin repair and rejuvenation.
- Ethical concerns and stringent regulations.
- Higher cost and limited availability.
Snails and Complications
Ingredients like snail mucin are known for hydrating and repairing skin. However, they do not fully align with human skin biology, potentially leading to sensitivities or reduced effectiveness. Additionally, products from snails can have serious side effects due to their non-human origin, posing risks of allergens and irritations.
- Natural source of hyaluronic acid and glycoproteins.
- Known for hydrating and repairing skin.
- Potential for allergens and skin irritation.
- Ethical concerns regarding animal-derived ingredients.
Ashwagandha & Fruit
Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, these natural ingredients support skin health but may not be as readily absorbed or utilized by human skin. Unlike human-compatible ingredients, their molecular structure might not penetrate as deeply, and they lack the specific design to mimic human skin components.
- High in antioxidants and nutrients.
- Combats environmental stressors.
- Variability in potency.
- Limited skin penetration compared to engineered or human-derived ingredients.